Thursday, March 15, 2007

Avilon Zoo, Montalban, Rizal - January 22, 2007


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiuANQn0fknjTk9A0JOJ_IJ4UcSglVkchMz9lM6zNZyTe_oD_4OAK0XgM0s_VDEJMD0-dNPGnOYTnG8UnVbcxQSjJW9VduqdFqLVPTjcL3pum9tR_hLQs6N3LTFWV9MXve-fwbTh7Gp-yA/s1600-h/entrance+pav.jpgAvilon Zoo is one of the World Famous Zoos that can be found in the sleepy town of Montalban, Rizal. From Quezon City, it's just a 40-minute ride. But for people like us who do not have a car, it could last up to 1 hour. The means of transportation are taxi, FX, jeepney, and tricycle.



The first time we went there, we rode a jeepney in front of Quezon City Hall that took us to Montalban (P25). There were not enough signages along the road about Avilon Zoo so we had to ask the driver to drop us off to EastWood Subdivision. This is where we rode a tricyle (P30) that took us to Avilon which is just 200m away. We left around 1pm and got there 2pm. That was enough time for us to explore the whole place. The second time, we took the Payatas route. We rode a jeepney at Litex, Commonwealth (P17) and we passed the dumpsite. I personally enjoyed the first route. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg05E68fArVg-bp-CU1isAhmZnnhnyG-VngqENgrCNKcP52jtQtEhKNkQ8gMeY7MHNMYAp6hw8VJ_Sek0xijJ4p3qSRucHyMPkjXAMDyIHY2L_TeQ9n8IfyY8hGOA74fq21JLd5t6SChrE/s1600-h/roadtrip.jpg



Entrance fee is P208 for both adults and children, that includes the 30% amusement tax. Guests have the option of getting a guide for P350 but we were up for the adventure and for the money, so we did not get one. They are also selling packed lunches for P90 that consist of 1 cup of rice, 2 viands, and bottled water or softdrink in can. However, you can bring your own food. Guests are also given photo ops for P50 with selected animals. I was photographed holding an Albino Phyton. Man! It was the scariest moment of my life!


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgTSiPqtEGKeee1JybSos65DEN3X-o_iBGasNguewphBMe8d_PMyeRkSqDj7IePTTX0Du4RSOpy8GYz-1JfyBe7WQ2jxelBZYZwkjquL4oVkl3wIwuoUORta_QS_lmOJfAvBi79C761mw4/s1600-h/lagoon.jpgWhen I saw the place, it gave me a jump! Avilon has gardens landscaped to perfection, 4 man-made lagoons, and thousands of animals belonging to more than 400 species. Another great thing about this place, is its attendants. They were very friendly and accommodating. Some of them really took time to share their experiences with the animals they were handling. They were the ones who really helped us in exploring the whole jungle-like maze.



Some of the great animals I’ve seen for the first time were Tapir, Capybara, Sunbear, Jaguar, and Flamingoes. But the best part I really enjoyed was the snakes and reptiles. Avilon houses different species of tarantulas, lizards, snakes, and tortoises. The only downside was, we were not allowed to take their pictures. Avilon management is planning to add giraffe and elephant this year. Their cages are already being constructed. For sure they would be exciting additions to the wildlife family.https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjRKjKR4b2fYGYPaXBEVdcc-O3gNSu-bdwDGDGVmMkKgs1yfnjGArN-o2YZPHdiAwe6FFAfONe15KS3w7JOYbUBQ88jmWRaL36c3vD1lL0m9LyarpqOuk9eyzAiN4CkXd-3k7wokc1se9k/s1600-h/cage.jpg


Before we left, we saw a maze just before the exit. It’s a must-see, especially if you are visiting in groups. It reminded me of Takeshi’s Castle. It was lots of fun!

I have been going out of town, visiting places but Avilon Zoo really stood out. It surpassed all of my expectations. I don't mind going back there for the third time to see the elephant, giraffe, and other additions they might have. I give it 10 stars! I also feel that P208 is super great deal. By the way, Avilon Zoo is open everyday from 8am-5pm with guided tour until 3pm.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEinQrtXd1Oez77_tTpb1X_DN7py7SztABemaqKIjx5cvZkn7UsjFHQx-P09IbT2alDt_J3NNlT4dDelvc7NxmDeNnVNOoy5yeitRcBaw7ISea0ByILCkb8f1DPxovjQIr-Tn1nOYwwGWkU/s1600-h/maze.jpg


We finished exploring the zoo at 5pm. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhPJPKn7_N9V6_1kFMHhOYaStQvhGXkuLun_cHXoztKJy685f0S8kortp95x5s4gIBc940XvQVTt8Dq7Gt9xDckZtHnI_recv88P2lbaeEStvtybL7DK64cUaHL88LprU67drhszwhTdzI/s1600-h/noah's+park.jpgBefore we headed our way home, we noticed a resort being constructed just beside the zoo so we decided to check it out. Lucky for us, we were able to talk to the owner and there we were informed that the place will be opened in late March and it will be named Noah’s Park. Named after her youngest son. So for all you people out there who wish to hit 2 birds with 1 stone this summer, you know where to go.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh6b9rXbqS_m4Yvm6uNBUGVyoYEbkjATGn-lTl8UUGTFmgKe61scBtRQk0ZHHGdhhFbJGYKDVIbpznvOxOnQDUM7RXlw27G1B39XRW6vELs1d1_5gkQ3LOlfu4cG91e4nVYqgyPWSV6QTc/s1600-h/collage.jpg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.